Listen to Episode 12: Hot Italian Beef
- 2-3 lb beef roast – chuck or English cut, fat removed
- 1 12-oz can dark beer
- 1 12-oz jar (drained) pepperocini peppers
- 2 Tbs Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp each: salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Trim fat from beef, set aside. Put seasoning, garlic, beer, & peppers into the crockpot. Place beef on top.
- Season beef with salt, pepper, & garlic powder.
- Cook 8-10 hours on low.
- Remove beef from crockpot. Carefully remove peppers from juice to a bowl. Shred beef and return to crockpot.
- Serve on hard rolls with juice for dipping. Serve peppers the on side – they are hot!