- 1 pound cake or angel food cake, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/4 c jam (any)
- 2 Tbs orange juice or fruit liqueur
- 2 boxes vanilla instant pudding
- 3 3/4 c whole milk
- 1/4 c orange juice
- 4 quarts berries
- Clean berries & allow to drain well on paper toweling. Remove stems from strawberries and cut each in half (if used). Save several of the nicer berries for garnish.
- Mix jam and 2 Tbs juice or liqueuer well. Using a pastry brush, brush onto one side of each slice of cake.
- Mix vanilla pudding powder, 1/4 c orange juice, and milk, blend with kitchen whisk.
- To assemble, line bowl with cake slices, sprinkle with assortment of berries, top with some of pudding, top with cake, berries, pudding, then cake, berries, & pudding.
- Garnish with saved berries. Serve with whipped cream.