- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cans beans
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1-2 cans water
- 1/2 – 1 lb meat, pre-cooked (or cubed yams) – Optional
- 1 1/2 Tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp cardamom
- Chopped veggies
- Put all ingredients into a 4 quart or larger crockpot. Mix well.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. If using fresh yams or sweet potatoes instead of meat, plan to cook 2-3 hours longer or cook on high as they will take longer to cook.
- Serve with cornbread or a good homemade bread.
- Use ground beef, turkey, or hot sausage. For vegetarian or vegan, use yams or sweet potatoes. You can even make it without, for a more soup-like chili.
- Also optional: chopped peppers, onions, or tomatoes.