- 1 c butter
- 1 c sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs milk
- 4 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Cream together butter, sugar, and salt. Add eggs and milk, mix well.
- Blend in flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix well, divide into two balls of dough, and chill in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Use a lightly floured surface to roll out dough. Roll out dough so that it is 1/4 inch thick or slightly thinner and cut out desired shapes. Place cookies on baking sheets that have a sheet of parchment paper on them.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until edges are slightly brown. Do not overbake!
- Cool on a cooling rack and ice.