Listen to Episode 42: The Pittsburgh Salad Episode
- 5-6 medium to large potatoes (russets or regular white work best)
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 Tbs grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Scrub potatoes, cut out any bad spots, and cut into fries leaving skin on.
- Soak in cold water for 15 minutes. Drain, rinse, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Blend olive oil, romano cheese, salt, and pepper. Toss cut fries in this mixture in a bowl or plastic bag.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 400°F for 40 minutes (30 for convection oven). Serves 4.