Listen to Episode 48: Piña Colada Cupcakes
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 c pineapple juice
- 1/2 c shortening
- 1 tsp white rum vanilla or half rum half vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat all ingredients on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour batter into paper baking cup-lined muffin pans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting: use Cookie Icing recipe, but substitute coconut cream or a thick coconut milk for the milk and white rum vanilla (or half rum half vanilla) for the vanilla. May need to use more coconut milk/cream to get the consistency correct.