Listen to Episode 50: Harvest-Stuffed Pumpkin
- 1 pie pumpkin
- 3/4 c dried cranberries
- 3/4 c dried blueberries
- 3/4 c dried cherries
- 3/4 c dried apples
- 3/4 c black raisins
- 3/4 c golden raisins
- 3/4 c walnuts
- 3/4 c pecans
- 2 Tbs melted butter
- 1/4 c honey
- Pie pumpkin should be about 8-inches diameter. Clean the outside well. Cut a lid with a nice flat surface on it so it stays on during baking, cutting horizontally works well. Clean out seeds and strings, like a jack o’ lantern.
- Microwave 5 minutes on high to pre-cook or bake 20 minutes in a 350°F oven while preparing the filling.
- Layer filling (all but honey and butter) into pumpkin 1/4 c at a time, repeat until pumpkin is filled.
- Pour melted butter and honey over top of filling, place lid on top.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 30-45 minutes.