- 3-4 c flour
- 1 c very warm water
- 1/4 c melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c sugar
- Fruits & almonds, listed in directions
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs or 1 packet yeast
- Mix 2 c flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in a large bowl. Add melted butter, water, vanilla, orange extract, and eggs, mix well.
- Knead in additional 1-2 c flour to make a soft dough. Cover and let rise.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1/3 c each of golden raisins, craisins, dried cherries, dried apricots, and slivered almonds.
- After dough doubles in size, press dough down. Knead in fruit and almond mixture and let rise again.
- Form into two balls. Place into paper baking cups or tall round pans and let rise for a 3rd time before baking.
- Bake 10 minutes at 400°F, 10 minutes at 375°F, then 30 minutes at 350°F. Cool on a wire rack.