Listen to Episode 58: Side Dishes
- 1 large head cabbage, shredded
- 1 large green pepper, sliced paper thin
- 2 medium onions, sliced or chopped
- 1 medium jar pimentos, drained
- Carrot, grated (opt.)
- Dressing (listed in directions)
- To make the dressing, mix 1 c salad oil, 1 c sugar, 3/4 c white vinegar, 1 1/2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp celery seed. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Mix all vegetables in a bowl. If onions are sliced, separate the rings.
- Pour the hot dressing over vegetables. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir in the morning or before serving. Drain the dressing off before you serve.
- If the cabbage is very large, make another half batch of the dressing.