- 2 lbs (skins on) small or fingerling potatoes
- 2 1/2 – 3 c fresh shelled or frozen peas
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/4 c flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 c milk
- Poke whole potatoes with a knife before cooking. Cook potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add peas and cook 5 minutes more. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- For sauce, melt butter in a sauce pan. Add flour, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a low boil, cook 1-2 minutes to thicken.
- Pour over peas and potatoes, stir carefully to coat.