Listen to Episode 65: Rendered Butter
- 1 lb butter, salted or unsalted
- Slowly melt the butter in a pan over low heat.
- Skim off the solids that form on the surface, then set the butter aside to allow any other solids to sink to the bottom.
- Carefully pour the rendered butter off and into a clean jar.
- Skim off any remaining butter solids. The solids can be composted or thrown away.
- 1 lb butter makes about 3/4 c of rendered butter. You can store in a sealed jar on the counter or in the refrigerator.