Listen to Episode 61: Strawberry Pretzel Jello
- 2 c crushed pretzels
- 3/4 c butter, melted
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 2 c whipped topping
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 c sugar
- 2 3-oz packages strawberry jello
- 2 c boiling water
- 32 oz frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- In a bowl, combine the pretzels, butter, and brown sugar. Press into an ungreased 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat whipped topping, softened cream cheese, and sugar until smooth.
- Spread over cooled pretzel crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- For topping, dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl. Stir in strawberries with syrup; chill until partially set.
- Carefully spoon over filling. Chill for 4-6 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares, serve with whipped topping if desired.