Listen to Episode 66: Carrot Hot Dogs
- 8 peeled carrots, about 1” diameter, 8” long
- 1/2 c Veri Veri Teriyaki, low sodium
- 1/2 c cider vinegar
- 1/2 c vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs real maple syrup
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- Cook carrots in water until just barely tender, about 10 minutes. Drain & cool.
- Mix remaining ingredients well to make marinade.
- Put carrots and marinade into a large zip lock bag. Marinate 6-8 hours or overnight.
- To cook, heat in a large skillet with coconut oil until carrots brown, or grill until carrots brown.
- Serve on buns with desired toppings.