- 1 9-inch pie crust (Pat-in-Pan Pie Crust works great for this pie)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c sugar
- 4 Tbs melted butter
- 3 Tbs good bourbon*
- 1 tsp vanilla*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 whole pecans
- 4 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
*You can use 3 Tbs + 1 tsp vanilla-infused bourbon instead of 3 Tbs bourbon + 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix eggs and sugar well. Add butter, bourbon, vanilla, and salt. Mix well and set liquid aside.
- Layer pecans and bacon in pie crust. Carefully pour mixed liquid over the pecans & bacon.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. Pie is done when a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool before slicing.