Listen to Episode 64: We All Scream For Ice Cream
- 2 c whole milk
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1/4 c flour
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 Tbs vanilla
Equipment to Freeze:
- Ice cream freezer
- Rock salt
- Mix sugar, flour, and salt in a pan.
- Add milk, cook on medium heat and stir until thick, about 10 minutes.
- Stir half of the hot mixture into the eggs, beat.
- Pour back into the pan and cook 1 minute.
- Do not mix in heavy cream & vanilla until immediately before you are ready to put it in the freezer.
- Pour the mix into the freezer canister of the ice cream freezer.
- Place into the freezer bucket.
- Put a layer of ice around the canister, top with rock salt. Continue adding layers of ice and rock salt until the bucket is filled.
- Turn on, and keep adding ice and rock salt while the freezer works. Run 45 minutes or until freezer stalls.
- Take out canister, wipe top well to avoid getting rock salt in the ice cream. Do not open the canister while it’s in the salty ice!
- Serve and add desired toppings. Enjoy!