Listen to Episode 78: Mary Mac Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 28-oz to 32-oz cans tomato pureé
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 Tbs dried basil
- 1/4 tsp salt (sea or kosher)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Optional: 1 Tbs grated Romano cheese, fresh
- Pour pureé into a heavy bottomed pot, start to warm.
- Sprinkle all ingredients over the top. Do not stir, let the sauce bubble and absorb them.
- Once the sauce gets to where there is steam coming off of it, begin to stir.
- Cook for 2-3 hours on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Speedy version: Bring to simmer, then add 1-2 tsp sugar.
- Crockpot version: Mix all ingredients in crockpot, once it starts bubbling, take the lid off and let cook. Stir occasionally.