Listen to Episode 91: Salted Caramel Butter Bars
- 1 lb butter
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 14 oz caramel
- 1/3 c cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbs sea salt, optional
- Blend butter, powdered sugar, and flour well.
- Press 1/3 of dough into a 9×13 pan. Store remaining dough in fridge.
- Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While crust cools, melt caramels with cream and vanilla.
- Pour over crust, sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
- Top caramel mixture with crumbled remaining dough.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 325°F.
- Cool before cutting.
- Optional: Sprinkle with 1/2 c milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips before baking