- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 10-12 apples, 2 or 3 or more different types (any kind except red delicious are good)
- 1 pie crust
- 1 crumble topping or a second pie crust to top the pie
- Core and peel apples. Slice about 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch thick – 6 to 8 slices per apple half.
- Mix sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a bowl. Toss apple slices in sugar mixture.
- Put pie crust into 9 inch pan, place apples into crust. Top with crumble topping or pie crust.
- Cover loosely with foil. Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil tent, bake 15 minutes or until filling begins to bubble out through slits or topping.
- Cool on rack – eat when not boiling hot.
- If topping with pie crust, slice 4 or 8 steam vents (or any decoration) into top.