- Red, orange, and yellow peppers, cleaned
- Provolone cheese
- 2 lb loose Italian sausage
- 1 egg
- 1 c seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- Ciabatta buns
- Olive oil
- Rub washed peppers with olive oil. Place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Roast in oven at 400°F (convection) until skins begin to brown and bubble.
- Place in a pot with a lid to cool. This helps the skins to come off. Once cooled, remove skins and set aside.
- Mix sausage, egg, and bread crumbs together well. Make into patties. Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Brush both insides of ciabatta buns with olive oil. Add sausage patty, cheese, and roasted pepper.