- Salad greens
- Assortment of vegetables
- Hard-boiled eggs, cooked & quartered
- Shredded cheese
- Fries (see Oven Fries recipe)
- Cooked meat
- Salad dressing, any
- Salad greens are your choice (bib, iceburg, or romaine lettuce, spinach, etc). Typical vegetables are tomato, cucumber, olives, onion, carrot, celery, and radish.
- Use 1 hard-boiled egg per salad. Shredded cheese is typically provolone, mozzerella, or cheddar. Meat is usually grilled chicken breast, steak, or shrimp.
- Assemble in order: bed of salad greens, assorted vegetables, eggs, hot meat, hot fries, cheese, and top with salad dressing.
- Voila! A Pittsburgh Salad!