Listen to Episode 43: Mac n’ Cheese with John Anthony
- 1 1/2 c (uncooked, 3 c cooked) elbow macaroni
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/4 c finely chopped onions
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 c milk
- 2 c cheese (1 1/2 c colby and 1/2 c jack)
- Cook macaroni per package. Drain.
- Cook onion in butter. Add flour, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook to make a roux.
- Add milk, stir and cook until thickened. Add cheese, melt and stir. Add macaroni and mix well.
- Serve as is for a creamy macaroni and cheese or bake 30 minutes at 350°F.