Listen to Episode 40: Punches I Have Known
- 1 6-oz package Jello (we use strawberry, you can use any flavor)
- 3/4 c sugar
- 2 c boiling water
- 1 46-oz can pineapple juice
- 6 c cold water
- 2 2-liter bottles of ginger ale
- In a 1-gallon freezable container (an ice cream bucket works very well), dissolve Jello and sugar in boiling water.
- Stir in pineapple juice and cold water. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 2 hours or so before serving. Place in a punch bowl.
- Pour over ginger ale just before serving. Break up any large pieces of frozen juice, the punch should look like slush.
- Add additional ginger ale as needed.